Are you a California teen between 14 and 18? Design a poster highlighting job safety and health for teens and you could win a cash prize!
Additionally, the first place winning poster will be distributed to schools and libraries throughout California, and sent out upon request.
Visit our Posters page to see this year’s winners of the contest, as well as all our previous winners!
All youth between the ages of 14-18 who live in California can submit a poster in any media: pen and ink, collage, paint, photography, computer, etc.
When Will Winners be Notified?
All winners will be notified no later than May and the top three winning posters will be posted on our website.
One First Prize: $300
One Second Prize: $200
One Third Prize: $100
AND One $100 prize to the 1st place school.
How Do I Enter?
- Registration is CLOSED, check back in September
- Entry Form (PDF) (required – must be submitted along with poster)
- Rules and Tips (PDF)
- Create a poster up to 20 x 15 inches in any language with a theme related to “Safe Jobs for Youth.”
- Fill out and sign the Entry/Release Form. All entries must include a poster and your entry form. They must be postmarked or hand delivered no later than the deadline.
- Mail or bring your entry to: Joselyn Delgado
Labor Occupational Health Program, UC Berkeley
University Hall, Suite 451
2199 Addison Street
Berkeley, CA 94720-7360
Who Sponsors the Contest?
The Safe Jobs for Youth Month poster contest is conducted by the California Partnership for Young Worker Health and Safety, a statewide collaboration sponsored by the California Commission on Health and Safety and Workers’ Compensation and coordinated by the Labor Occupational Health Program at the University of California, Berkeley.
Email Joselyn Delgado