Visit our Videos page to see this year’s winners of the contest, as well as all our previous winners!
All youth between the ages of 14-18 who live in California can submit a video using their creative talents: dancing, acting, script writing, directing, or even singing to promote job safety for youth!
When Will Winners be Notified?
All winners will be notified no later than May and the winning videos will be posted on our website.
One First Prize: $300
One Second Prize: $200
One Third Prize: $100
AND One $100 prize to the 1st place school.
Create a video highlighting one of the 6 Things Young Workers Need to Know about job safety and health and you could win a cash prize!
- Video 1: Every Job Has Hazards
- Video 2: Hazards Can Be Addressed
- Video 3: Laws Protect All Workers on the Job
- Video 4: Special Laws Protect Teen Workers
- Video 5: What If You Are Injured
- Video 6: How to Problem-solve and Get Help
How Do I Enter?
- Registration is now closed, check back in September.
- Fill out and sign the entry form, and get necessary permissions from all participants. See Contest Rules for detailed information.
- If you choose to mail in your entry please send it to: Joselyn Delgado
Labor Occupational Health Program, UC Berkeley
University Hall, Suite 451
2199 Addison Street
Berkeley, CA 94720-7360
- Flyer (PDF)
- Entry Form (PDF) Registration is now closed, check back in September.
- Permission Form (PDF)
- Video Contest Rules (PDF)
- Video Contest FAQs (PDF)
Who Sponsors the Contest?
The Safe Jobs for Youth Month video contest is conducted by the California Partnership for Young Worker Health and Safety, a statewide collaboration sponsored by the California Commission on Health and Safety and Workers’ Compensation and coordinated by the Labor Occupational Health Program at the University of California, Berkeley.
Email Joselyn Delagdo.